June 8th, 2017
SUMMER promises a tan and endless fun in the sun! Summer brings you hope for new beginnings and the best time with your friends and family. We sometimes don't always have an idea of what to do with all our summer free time! Our team here at Lineberry Orthodontics would like to help with that by providing some summer fun ideas! These ideas are family-friendly and are safe for everyone to participate in. Many of our ideas are geared toward the outdoors, but will include indoor suggestions for those days that are just too hot! Don't forget to wear your sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
Before you sit on your couch for the whole summer, read through our list of ideas first!
* Dr. Laura loves strolling downtown through the Saturday market. As well as taking her kiddos to the movie night at Settlers Park in Meridian on Friday nights.
* David's favorite thing to do during the summer is to ride his UTV in McCall.
* Amanda loves to paddle board at Quinn's pond and take her cousins to Roaring springs and Wahoozs.
* Chelse and Rayo enjoy spending time by the water.
* Amy likes to river rafting, boating, and camping
* Diane also likes to go camping.
We also looked up some fun summer things to do in Boise as well.
* The Boise zoo is a great place to hangout with the whole family.
* Floating the Boise River is also great fun, of course when its not at flood level.
* The Old Idaho Penitentiary is a great way to stay in the sun and learn about Idaho history.
* The Discovery Center offers a fun and exciting learning environment for all ages.
* Touring the Idaho State Capital keeps you in doors, but its so worth it to see where our state decisions are made!
Its not always easy to stay hydrated during the summer or to put sunscreen on regularly. We've all been dehydrated and burnt like a crispy potato chip. Lets work together to stay hydrated and protect our skin this summer.
Tips for staying hydrated:
1. Always carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. This is a good way to remind yourself to continually drink water throughout the day.
2. When you're feeling frazzled or hazy, grab a glass of cold water instead of caffeine. Studies show that people instantly feel more alert after drinking H2O. It's a simple, healthy way to snap out of a midday slump.
3. Drink a cup of herbal tea in the morning - it tastes delicious and is less dehydrating then coffee.
4. Eat a diet rich in whole foods. By eating water-rich foods like vegetables, fruits, and yogurt, you'll automatically increase your fluid intake. On the other hand, processed snack foods like chips, crackers, and baked goods have minimal water content.
Why sunscreen is a MUST in the summer:
1. Sunscreen decreases the risk of skin cancer. This is especially true of the deadliest form of skin cancer, Melanoma.
2. Keeps your skin looking younger because its not being exposed to ultraviolet sun rays.
3. Along with other precautions, sunscreen can help prevent heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
We hope that some of our fun ideas will help with your summer planning. We want to know what you have planned for your summer. Please share your plans with us in the comment area below or on our Facebook page! Stay safe this summer and don't forget to have fun, no matter the season!
Our Blog Page: