July 16th, 2019
Check out our patient Cydney Ziegler score a goal in the Far West Regional competition in June! She helped her team, the Thorns, come from behind to tie up the game. The game remained tied forcing both teams into overtime and then to a shootout for the win over the Utah Celtics. This makes the Thorns one of only three Idaho teams to advance to Nationals in the past 4 years. Way to go Cydney! We are proud of you and will be cheering you on as you head to nationals.
Photo, courtesy of the Idaho Statesman
June 20th, 2019
EATING WITH BRACES
Don't worry, you'll be eating popcorn and snacking on potato chips again in no time! However, before you can start enjoying some of the treats you love, you will need to take special care to avoid any foods that could damage your new appliances.
FOODS TO AVOID WITH BRACES:
- Chewy foods — bagels, licorice
- Crunchy foods — popcorn, chips, ice
- Sticky foods — caramel candies, chewing gum
- Hard foods — nuts, hard candies
- Foods that require biting into — corn on the cob, apples, carrots
FOODS YOU CAN EAT WITH BRACES:
- Dairy — soft cheese, pudding, milk-based drinks
- Breads — soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins without nuts
- Grains — pasta, soft cooked rice
- Meats/poultry — soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
- Seafood — tuna, salmon, crab cakes
- Vegetables — mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, beans
- Fruits — applesauce, bananas, fruit juice
- Treats — ice cream without nuts, milkshakes, Jell-O, soft cake
June 6th, 2019
The very best compliment you can give us is a referral. Thank you to those who trust us with your friends and family. We promise to take great care of them! To show our appreciation, we are sending out movie tickets to the following referring patients: Glory W., Nicole B., Tina H., And Kwai Yan T. Thank you for your trust in us! We appreciate you!
Maybe our referring patients will use their movie tickets to go see Avengers: End Game? If so, you will be in good company. Avengers: End Game had the biggest opening in history, a whopping $1.2 billion earned and the first in history to surpass the $1 billion mark for it’s debut. I guess I better get out and see this movie too.:)
May 28th, 2019
My daughter Payton lives with autism, but that has never stopped her from loving to sing, dress up in fancy clothes and twirl with delight. And although she loves the idea of prom, she never imagined herself being invited to the big dance. When her older brother Seth asked her to be his prom date, she was over the moon with excitement! I was so proud of how Seth took care of every detail: dinner
reservations, corsage, and matching tie. He really made her feel like a princess on what may be her best dance ever. I hear from others at the dance that Seth and Payton didn’t miss a song and that Payton closed the dance down with her twirling. I love my kids! I am so blessed to be their mom. I LOVE YOU Seth & Payton!