Having braces doesn't necessarily require highly noticeable metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today's braces are made from either clear or natural tooth colored materials to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces.
What is the difference between clear braces and clear aligners?
Clear braces are the same as traditional metal braces except that they are clear! Clear braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces and provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. Clear aligners are pieces of hard plastic that are designed to fit into your mouth like a mouthguard. Clear aligners are great for patients requiring minor orthodontic treatment.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to clear braces?
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces and your orthodontist will help you determine whether they are the right treatment for you.
Advantages to clear braces:
- Appearance: Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic or clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than their braces.
Disadvantages to clear braces:
- Cost: Ceramic and clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces. Your orthodontist may offer convenient payment plans to help control the costs of your treatment. Be sure to talk to your orthodontist about all of your financial options.
- Discoloration: The clear elastic ties used with clear and ceramic braces may become slightly discolored when you drink tea, coffee, or wine, and eat certain foods or smoke. Ask your orthodontist about how you can keep your braces looking their best.
- Treatment Time: Orthodontic treatment with clear or ceramic braces may take longer than with traditional metal braces. If you don't mind investing a little more time in your smile, then talk to your orthodontist to find out how long your treatment time will be with clear or ceramic braces.
Are clear or ceramic braces the right choice for my smile and me?
By talking to your orthodontist, you can decide if clear or ceramic braces are the right treatment for you. Your orthodontist can provide answers to your questions and extra information explaining the benefits of each treatment. If you would like to learn more about clear braces, ceramic braces, and all of the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today.
Incognito — the secret behind a beautiful smile!
Incognito orthodontic braces are placed behind your teeth, so no one will even know you are wearing braces — unless you want them to! These unique braces are created using state-of-the-art technology and are the only 100% customized, invisible, fixed braces system on the market today. Incognito braces can give you a beautiful smile, even while you're wearing them. A consultation with your doctor can determine if Incognito braces are right for you.
How does Incognito work?
Incognito brackets are placed on the back side of the teeth, making them invisible from the front. Working just like traditional braces, lingual braces straighten your teeth within the same amount of time metal braces would. Because Incognito braces are customized to fit your unique mouth, your teeth are used to make an impression. Then, a laboratory will use computerized technology to create the metal brackets to fit onto the back of each tooth. These brackets are cemented into place by your doctor and you're on your way to a beautiful smile without anyone noticing!
Who can wear Incognito braces?
Just about anyone! Men and women, teenagers or adults, from 13 years to over 60 years of age, from students to professionals, all can choose invisible braces. Odds are, if you can be treated with traditional braces, you are a good candidate for Incognito braces.
The advantages of Incognito braces are clear!
Improving your dental health is an important investment for your future, both in terms of your health and appearance. There are many advantages to choosing Incognito braces for your orthodontic treatment.
- Comfort: Incognito braces are custom-fit to each patient, ensuring a higher comfort level.
- Aesthetics: Incognito braces are a great option for both adult professionals and teens who would feel more confident with invisible braces.
- Convenience: Incognito braces can also be extremely convenient for those who play wind instruments or contact sports.